It’s super easy: fill out the enquiry form, including a sample of your work; I’ll send you an estimate; if you wish to go ahead then send me the full document (normally with an AUD50 deposit via Paypal or credit card); I’ll send the document back to you with the markups; and I’ll invoice you for the balance via PayPal.
Step 1: Submit an Enquiry
Click here to submit an enquiry. You’ll need to provide:
- your name and contact details.
- a brief description of the kind of work it is (e.g. book, essay, thesis).
- the total number of words in your work.
- any particular requirements (e.g. style guide).
- what kind of proofreading you would like (e.g. basic proofreading for spelling and grammar, and/or more intensive editing for tone and flow of argument, and/or checking biblical references).
- a Microsoft Word or PDF file containing at least 500 words typical of the work.
- the date by which you will provide the full manuscript to me.
- the date by which you require the proofread manuscript to be returned to you.
Step 2: Pricing and availability
Based on your enquiry, I’ll get in touch to let you know whether I can do the proofreading within the timeframe, and if so will provide an estimated cost. I charge a flat rate of AUD40/hour.
Step 3: Engaging my services
If you’d like to proceed, you can engage my services. I normally ask for an AUD50 deposit, which you can pay via PayPal or credit card.
You will then need to send me your manuscript as a Microsoft Word or PDF file by the agreed date. I will mark up your manuscript with suggestions for changes, insertions, and deletions. I will then return your marked-up manuscript to you by the agreed date.
It is then your responsibility to update your own copy of the manuscript.
Step 4: Invoicing and payment
Along with the marked-up manuscript, I will send you an invoice with 30-day terms. The invoice can be paid via PayPal or credit card.
I make every effort to ensure accuracy in my proofreading work for my clients. However, the ultimate responsibility for the work rests with the client, and I can take no responsibility and accept no liability for damages or costs caused by any errors left in the document.
Want to proceed?
If you’d like to proceed, click here to submit an enquiry now.